English career prospects in a non Anglophone country

Discussion dans le forum 'Board in English' créée par agdidihlan le 8 Juin 2011.

1. agdidihlan

agdidihlan

Inscrit:
    22 Juil. 2007
    Do you guys think that there are many good job opportunities for degrees in English holders outside the Anglophone world, especially in the Francophone countries?

2. Sword

Sword

Inscrit:
    7 Mai 2010
    Yon can teach English as a second language abroad, including, China and Japan ( no knowledge of chinese and Japanese languages is required), but a certification in English as a second language instructor is. However, this is not a good paying job..... Most good paying jobs,within US or abroad, and that are related to an art major, require a doctorate degree........
  3. PinkyLife

PinkyLife

Inscrit:
    4 Sept. 2010
    I do have a Master and a Bachelor degree in English, one in the American and the other in the Swiss system. In terms of job opportunity, in France, I only had the opportunity to work with it once in an international organization for a small mission as a consultant but now I'm currently working in a French company where I am occupying a boring position not related to my field of studies at all...I had to hide the fact that I hold a master degree to get that job after job hunting for almost 2 years.

I hope my case is an an exception...
  4. Lamiss88

Lamiss88

Inscrit:
    20 Oct. 2008
    If you have the chance to work in a multinational or international organization wherever it is situated..be sure u'll be using your english background and you 'll be hired because you 've got an English degree in a certain domain .
    I'm from morocco & hold an English degree in BM and I'm constantly asked to use what I've learnt even if I'm not working for a foreign entity.

Partager cette page