Freaking out about moving back to Morocco!

Discussion dans le forum 'Board in English' créée par agdidihlan le 20 Mai 2011.

1. Kenitri59

Kenitri59

Inscrit:
    24 Avril 2008
    You develop a lot of clichés about Moroccans...more than majority Europeans or Americans can have...

Good luck with your integration in Moroccan society

2. agdidihlan

agdidihlan

Inscrit:
    22 Juil. 2007
    Honey I LIVED those cliches... I am not saying Moroccans are as***les! I am one too!!!! I am just describing my personal experience that made me want to leave again. You can't deny that although abroad is not Heaven but we do have more peace of mind when it comes to interactions with people, so we can go on with my lives... Some Moroccans can be sooooooo full of it and take it out on anyone who'd respond.. I was that silly one who was responding at first but then decided to use humor and light up things till I leave again..
  3. actarius

actarius

Inscrit:
    16 Juin 2007
    It's good to defend our country but dishonesty is not the way to go.
    I lived half my life in Morocco and the other half in Canada and with the years, the gap is still getting bigger.
    Cliches are not coming from nowhere...
    Moroccan people are good people, sociable, generous, etc... but they have issues.
    They ask too many personal questions and they tell you how to live your life (it sounds extreme, but it is relative to what I live in Canada). The social pressure in Morocco is always present and we have to deal with it.
    The respect for women is nowhere to be found in comparison with the 80s.
    I visit my country 2 to 3 times a year and it is always moving at a fast pace, full of opportunities and at the same time it is moving to fast for the level of education.
    They should invest a lot more in the people, not on buildings of concrete...
  4. Diogene

Diogene VIB

Inscrit:
    9 Mai 2012
    I couldnt agree more with the last two lines in particular.
    It's fascinating how fast things are moving, but it doesn't seem to be helping people that much right now.
    C'est à l'image du marocain finalement: tout dans le paraitre ...
  5. Sword

Sword

Inscrit:
    7 Mai 2010
    Dearest,

Firstly, I understand your cri de coeur over life in Morocco and living with Moroccans in Morocco. I sympathize with you there. However, I am assuming you were unhappy in US and wanted to move/live in Morocco to be happy and more.... Right? now, you're unhappy living in Morocco, too.... Now what? go back to US where you were unhappy in the first place?...... I sense a lot of hard work ahead of you, to do..... But, best wishes.

Partager cette page